I can’t believe it is already 2018. I said the same thing for 2017, 2016, 2015…. Whoa! Put on the brakes! I need to slow this train down and get to work. Yes, I’ve said the same thing for years. In reality, I have accomplished a lot each year, and just not with my writing. Hmmm! Another future post.
I have been freaking out-and searching out- how can I get my mind to take action this year and work on writing. I started last week by:
- Checking out the post at Insecure Writer’s Support Group
- Setting up a word template calendar for this month, where I will add each days posting after I do them. I have a second template for submissions.
- I signed up for Rob Parnell’s free ‘Super Success & Productivity 101’ course. I am on number 12 of 24 FREE videos I have been watching one a day.
- I found, Dr. Angela, on Facebook. If the only thing you can afford its listening to her videos, then do that.
- I was given as a gift a journal
- I checked out the Bullet Journal on Youtube
- I won NaNoWriMo this year, so I had a half off coupon for Scrapple mapping software.
What have I learned from the search for the perfect schedule is to ‘only’ schedule my writing in its own journal; one that isn’t for chores, or work, or gardening, nothing but writing. I found that combining other things in with my writing has my writing pushed to the end of the line and it tumbles off the end of the year, again and again.
I Declare: Not to give up and Not to wander off my writing path.
A Blog Post starting the year isn’t complete without….
So this year, writing has its own special journal; a journal that is opened first, checked off first. For other chores, I am using spiral notebooks for the ‘things-to-do-list’ that isn’t’ just sticky notes on my walls, truth be told, I really love sticky notes. I have found spiral notebooks at grocery stores, pharmacies, and even hardware stores. Try to grab a few for yourself during the ‘back-to-school’ season.
I will use writing prompts if I can’t come up with an idea; starting with the month of January, each day I will add something here that stirs my creativity could be an image, a word, an odd idea, even if what I write is horrible.
I will post every month for Insecure Writer’s Support Group day January 3 question – What steps have you taken or plan to take to put a schedule in place for your writing and publishing?
If you read this far, you can see my plan. So I guess I just checked that off my list for January. Now on to the next thirty (30) days.